Changing course

I’m an international student and I want to change my course or leave BU early, what should I do?


If you are an international student then changing course / University may  have significant visa implications. You must contact International Student Support team at AskBU for further advice about your situation.


It is also important that before you make this decision you talk to your Programme Leader or Programme Administrator; they will be able to advise you on the implications of withdrawing from your studies. Students who are withdrawing may be entitled to a refund of fees in accordance with the Fees Policy


If you’re temporarily withdrawing from University, also known as suspending, this might affect your immigration status and the University will have to report any change of circumstances regarding visas. 


For queries relating to academic issues please check our main academic webpage.


Powered by

Registered Office

Registered Office: Students' Union at Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, Dorset, BH12 5BB

Registered in England Charity Number: 1144886