Health advice

It is important to remember to look after yourself when you are in the UK and to find out how to obtain medical treatment if you need it. The National Health Service (NHS) is the healthcare system in the UK and is primarily funded through general taxation rather than requiring insurance payments.


Student Medical Centre

The Student Medical Centre is ideal as it is based on Talbot Campus. If you would like to register with them then please complete the NHS Family Doctor Services Registration form (pdf - 42kb) and the New Patient Questionnaire (pdf - 97kb) and then bring it to the Student Medical Centre along with your Student ID Card. The Medical Centre is open to all students and daily appointments are available. Open 8.45am-5pm, Monday-Friday, term-time only. There is also provision for out of hours and emergency support


Powered by

Registered Office

Registered Office: Students' Union at Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, Dorset, BH12 5BB

Registered in England Charity Number: 1144886